Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Engagement Photos DOs & DON'Ts

This Friday, we are taking our engagement photos! I realize we've been engaged for a while now, but my sister and her bf bought us this photo shoot for an early wedding gift and we are finally taking them.

I have some fabulous ideas of how to make these photos turn out beautifully, so let's see if they work out! Maybe my DOs & DON'Ts will change after we take our pictures, but I like to set myself some guidelines...


DO:
  • Bribe Mother Nature for beautiful weather at the location - Tilden Park in Berkeley
  • Use 1 FreeStyle coupon at a local Bumble and Bumble hair salon.

Pinned Image
If my hair wants to cooperate and look
like this photo, that'd be fabulous! :)
  • Get my make-up done at Bare Escentuals (only requires a purchase of $35 worth of product!) - I am thinking this can double as my wedding-day make up trial if all goes well??
  • 
    maybe a little less "smoky" eye,
    but you get the idea
    
  • Buy a few new outfits - our photographer suggested a fancy outfit and a semi-casual outfit. I am on the hunt this week for a few new pieces for both of us that don't match, but that "go" together.
  • Whiten teeth - I'm using the Pinterest whitener: brush with a mixture of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and toothpaste. (p.s. this tastes nasty!)
  • Go to bed early the night before so we don't have puffy, sleepy eyes!


DON'T: for a little comic relief...

Make heart shapes with our hands
Pinned Image  Awkward engagement picture.

Pose awkwardly...
Pinned Image

Forget to wear a shirt
awkward engagement pic!?!    LOL!!!!!! Just thought you could use an extra laugh!!! How can u not laugh.... LOL!!!   I dare you....

Kiss like Spider-Man & Mary Jane
It's a monkey man of course! Not your typical engagement picture...I wouldn't want to do this...

Hug a pole
I Think They’re Handcuffed to the Pole

If you want some more laughs, here's the link for 20 awkward engagement pics! http://www.photographyschoolsonline.net/blog/2010/20-awkward-engagement-photos/


Back to the DO's

Use your imagination and picture Marc and I here:

Pinned Image

or here:

Pinned Image

Beautiful, right?!

Fingers crossed all goes well and we are feeling playful and have a good time with our photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment